This was posted a couples of weeks ago but it was so good I had to repost. Here are my favorite of the 50 Ways to Achieve Greatness article posted By Diesel Strength & Conditioning.
1. Jump out of bed and crush the floor boards every morning by smashing your feet down and defiantly take on each and every day.
2. Breathe deep in the midst of turmoil. Be calm and take deliberate action when everyone else is falling apart.
3. Live aggressively and appreciate every second.
6. Don’t start counting reps until it burns.
7. Hit 100 push-ups every day.
8. Dance for your kids when their friends are around.
11. Be Swayze in Point Break, Youngblood or Road House.
14. Make a special handshake for each of your kids and throw it on them when they’re doing homework, eating, or whenever you can.
19. Find a mentor.
20. Do something you FEAR until it becomes a strength.
23. Be true to yourself. It will inspire others to be who they really want to be but are too afraid.
24. Always use a weight vest for your bodyweight training.
27. Select three important goals that you want to hit each day and rank them in order of importance. Focus on getting the most important one done first and work from there.
28. Always have a beginner’s mind. Approach every learning opportunity with enthusiasm.
29. Drink a gallon of water each day.
31. Progress, not perfection. Stop beating yourself up for not being perfect and focus on small changes that make you 1% better everyday.
32. Be humble. Work hard.
33. Stop being negative. No one wants to hear it. Be different and focus on the positive. Remember, there are many people who are happy with much less than you have.
35. Stop giving your energy to your past. Live in the present and build your future.
38. Train every workout like you’ll never get to train again. Push yourself and drive out your demons with every rep.
40. Encourage others and inspire them to greatness in their lives. You will get it back ten fold. When you’ve given all of yourself, give more.
44. “Fear is the only darkness.”
49. If you have good friends, hold on to them. Tell them everyday how much they mean to you and never let them go. They will give you strength and encourage you when you lose your way.
Skill: Push up
Strength: Deadlift 5×5
1 min max DU’s
500m row for time
400 m run for time