By Kirk K.
Below I’ve listed the most popular and delicious Easter treats.
I’ve also charted how many calories you burn per burpee. This gives you a good idea of just how much calories are packed into these bit sized “treats”.
1) Reese’s Peanut Butter Egg – 180 Calories
2) Mini Cadbury Creme Egg – 170 Calories
3) Peeps Marshmallow Chick – 140 Calories
4) Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Bunny – 170 Calories
5) Coconut Nests (Russell Stovers) – 160 Calories
6) Whoppers Robin Eggs – 190 Calories (24 pieces)
7) Jelly Belly Beans – 140 Calories (1.4 oz)
To give you an idea, if I have 2 Reese’s Eggs, 2 Coconut Nests, 1 Cadbury Creme Egg (all my favorites) on Sunday, that would equal 850kcals.
I weigh 190lbs and burn 1.51 kcals per burpee. 850 kcals divided by 1.51 kcal/burpee = 563 burpees!
That’s something I’m not going to burn off anytime soon. If you are going to indulge over Easter weekend, indulge with foods that have actual nutrition than these calorie-dense-nutrient-void treats.
Remember, it’s okay to have some treats. What’s not okay is going off the Peep-end.