“Regularly learn and play new sports.” This is the last sentence in Greg Glassman’s ‘Fitness in 100 words’ Article and is probably the most forgotten and overlooked part of the entire passage.
Eat meat and vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and no sugar. Keep intake to levels that will support exercise but not body fat. Practice and train major lifts: Deadlift, clean, squat, presses, C&J, and snatch. Similarly, master the basics of gymnastics: pull-ups, dips, rope climb, push-ups, sit-ups, presses to handstand, pirouettes, flips, splits, and holds. Bike, run, swim, row, etc, hard and fast. Five or six days per week mix these elements in as many combinations and patterns as creativity will allow. Routine is the enemy. Keep workouts short and intense. Regularly learn and play new sports.
~Greg Glassman, Fintess in 100 words
We get tied up in this world of CrossFit because we love the workouts, the community, the challenge and the satisfaction with seeing improving but we have a habit of making CrossFit life. Life isn’t CrossFit. It can be a major component of your life, but it shouldn’t be your entire life. You’d miss out on way too much.
Not only did Katelyn run her first ever race she is now training for the Boston Marathon! She also PR’d on her Deadlift a couple of weeks ago. Who would have thought fitness could be so fun!
Thursday’s CrossFit Training (March 20, 2014)
Skill: RDL 5×5
Conditioning: EMOM 12minutes
-100m Run & 5-10 DB Push Press (35/20)
- On run go about 70-80% of max capacity (90 BPM on each leg minimum)
- DB Push Press use a weight that allows for a “touch and go” technique
- Modify distance and/or rep scheme if needed to allot for 15-20 seconds of rest
On a 30 Minute Running Clock:
- Jumping Muscle ups
- GHD Sit ups
- Box Jumps
- Each station is set for 45 seconds of work followed by 15 sec transitional rest
- Use regular muscle ups or banded muscle up if fitness level allows
- GHD Situp for advanced athlete, Abmat straight leg otherwise
- Step Down on B.J. (no rebounds)
- Rest Station is a minute of complete chillin