This past September was my one year CrossFit anniversary. I’m really excited for what lies ahead, but I’m also celebrating a year’s worth of accomplishments.
Over the past year, my fitness has really improved. But I’ve also learned a lot, changed, and grown as a person. Here are some of my takeaways — some are cheesy, some are clichés, but they’re all true. So, here goes. In the past year, I’ve gotten…
1. Some mean hand calluses and sweet bruises.
2. Clothes that fit a bit differently.
3. A new crowd of people to hang out with.
4. A new vocabulary.
5. Five extra pounds.
6. Coaches who know me, care about me, and want to see me succeed.
7. A whole bunch of new skills.
8. The vision to set goals, dream big and work hard.
9. A whole new perspective on myself.
10. A workout I actually look forward to.
Your turn: If you’ve been CrossFitting for a while, what would you add to this list? Read More…
Tuesday October 28th, 2014
A) “Fran” 21-15-9
- Thruster (95/65)
B) Post WOD Skill: Dip
A) Squat Snatch: Heavy (learning how to bail)
B) 17min AMRAP:
- 700m Run
- 12 CTB Pullup
- 12 Back Squats @ BW