- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 6 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 egg white (3 tbsp liquid egg white)
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 4 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 6 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 24 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp corn starch + 1 tbsp water
1. Place flour, corn starch and egg whites into three separate bowls.
2. Cut up chicken into small pieces and then dip into the egg white, then flour, then corn starch to coat.
3. In a wok or similar pan heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken and cook, stirring frequently for about 5-10 minutes until cooked thoroughly.
4. Combine ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, garlic powder, and honey in a bowl and whisk until well combined.
5. Once chicken is done cooking, add sauce until the mixture boils, then reduce heat and let simmer.
6. Combine 2 tbsp corn starch and 1 tbsp water and mix until a liquid forms, add this to the sauce mixture and continue to stir until sauce thickens up.
Serving size: About 3.25 ounces of chicken
Fat: 5 grams
Carbs: 33 grams
Fiber: 0 grams
Protein: 28 grams (1)