- 1 cup instant oats
- 3/4 cup non-white flour (whole wheat or coconut flours work good)
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1.5 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil or unsalted butter, melted
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup agave or raw honey (I use slightly less than a 1/2 cup, depends on your sweet tooth)
- 1/4 cup dried unsweetened fruit (fresh raisins, apricots, or prunes all work good)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1. Mix dry ingredients together in a bowl. In a separate bowl whisk together the coconut oil or butter, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the agave or honey. Add in the dry mixture and stir just until incorporated. Fold in dried fruit and nuts. Chill dough for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Drop cookie dough into rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet and flatten slightly.
3. Bake at 325 for 11-14 minutes (11 for softer, 14 for firmer).
4. Cool cookies on pan for ~5 minutes before placing on wire rack to cool completely.