Like us on Facebook!
What is CrossFit?
30 Day Paleo Restart Challenge April 1st-April 30th. 30 Days is an ideal time frame to build new habits without being an overwhelming commitment... Why not give it a try?
FREE Community Beach WOD Saturday April 4th at 9:00 AM. We will be doing a Community Beach Workout free to the community at Lowdermilk Park. Bring your family and friends.. All are welcome! All group classes will be cancelled that day.
Skill Clinic: OH Squat Complex Saturday April 18th at 10:00 AM. Skill clinics are 20 minute sessions designed to give each participant coaching and instructions on CrossFit movements that coaches do not have time to cover in detail during regular classes. Skill Clinics are INCLUDED in every membership.
Only Gym is SWFL to be chosen!
Daily Paleo Recipe
Paleo Recipe: Almond Flour Pancakes
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbs coconut flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water (consider soda water for slightly fluffier pancakes)
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- coconut oil
- fresh berries
- Combine almond flour, applesauce, coconut flour, eggs, water, nut meg and sea salt in a bowl, and mix together completely with a fork. The batter will appear a little thicker than normal mix.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium-low heat with 1 tsp coconut oil.
- Drop 1/4 cup of batter onto the pan once it is fully heated. Spread out batter slightly if desired.
- Flip like a normal pancake when the bubbles start showing up on the top, and cook for another minute or two.
- Add more oil to the pan and repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with fresh berries.
Note: If the pan is too hot, the cakes will stick, burn on the outside, and/or not cook entirely through.
Today’s Workout (Friday, April 20, 2013)
Sumo deadlift high pull (95/65)
Push press/jerk (95/65)