CrossFit is getting so popular! Two years ago when I tried to talk to friends about Crossfit it was like pulling hairs, “is it like p90x?”, or the famous “you mean like bootcamp?”. Thank God I don’t have those conversations with people anymore. Unfortunately there are also people who are getting hurt doing CF. It’s not CF exactly that is getting them hurt. Let’s be honest, anyone can come up with a CrossFit workout these days. Put your 10 favorite exercises together and add 50 reps to each of them. I wouldn’t recommend doing that though, not if you want to do this for a long time.
People who do workouts like that eventually get hurt. In order to last the test of time with CrossFit you have to train smarter, not harder. Getting hurt is frustrating, and burnout sucks. Along your CrossFit journey you”ll learn that recovery is your best friend and not your enemy.
Below are some ways to make sure you don’t burnout:
1. Drink very little alcohol. Hangovers are detours.
2. Be early to bed, and early to rise. Quiet, Dark, Deep sleep is invaluable.
3. Have a foundation of strength and mobility. Most injuries can be prevented this way.
4. Get regular massages. Give your muscle tissue some love.
5. No missed training sessions. Consistency is everything in CF.
6. Lots of vegetables and quality protein. Yum!
7. Have great training partners (i.e. community).
8. Plan your rest days. Not everyday has to be heavy or super hard.
9. Accountability. We all need it from time to time.
10. Have fun. Nobody is forcing you to do CrossFit.
Welcome Mike to the CF Naples community!
12 Barbell Push Press (120/75)
200m Weighted Overhead walk (45/25)
9 BB PP
200m weighted OH walk
6 BB PP
200m OH walk
15 mins Work on:
Power Snatch-add weight
10 minute AMRAP=
33 Knees to Elbow
33 Sit ups
33 Hollow Rocks
33 Medicine Ball Half moons