1. Hometown: Lynbrook New York
2. Age: 60
3. When did you first start training at CF Naples?:February, 2012.
4. Favorite WOD:I look forward to each WOD and the challenge of completing. Some are more challenging then others, but my coaches always push me to finish.
5. Least Favorite WOD:None
6. Tell us about you sports & fitness background:I have always been very active in sports, tennis, golf and softball. Have been going to Wellness for over 18 years, but decided I needed a change and joined CrossFit. This was a life changing experience for me and the best decision I have made towards my fitness goals.
7. How did you first get exposed to CrossFit?My son, Erik. He has been going to Bowie, Maryland CF and I did a class with him. Erik encouraged me to give up Wellness and join CF
8. Take us back to your first WOD… what was it, and how did it feel? It was February 14th. 5×1 front squats. It was hard, but I did it. We also did some partnering workouts.
9. What sort of changes have you seen in your body, health and fitness since starting CF (before/after)? I am definitely stronger and building more muscle.
10. What sort of changes in your life have you experienced out of taking on something like CrossFit that were totally unexpected? My entire experience has been awesome. I so enjoy the CF community and their commitment that each person succeeds in the WOD. I finish each WOD and am so amazed that I actually finished and set new PB’s. I may be last, but that really does not matter to me or anyone in the community.
11. Please share with us any favorite CrossFit / CF Naples moments: I have several CF Naples moments. My first was your thank you, that I started CF. That was so special to me as very few people take the time to write notes. I continue to receive notes from both you and Tara on my personal achievements. Double Unders/Box Jumps/Hand Stands are my moments. Really each time I finish CF is a great moment.
12. Any advice for people just getting started? Take the time to learn the movements atfirst. Can’t is not a word that we use. (Dawn tells me that everytime I say can’t) There is always modification. Take time and get it correct first. The weights will come as well as personal achievements. Each and every person in our community is my hero and I so enjoy going to CF. It is addicting. No matter how old, or fit or unfit you are, you can do CrossFit. Tara and Mario are the BEST.
13. What are your hobbies, interests and/or talents outside of CrossFit? I love to do volunteer work. I am very active in my Church and also helping with the Byron Donalds Campaign. Enjoy biking and swimming with our yellow labs Cooper and Bailey.
10 Power Cleans, 95#/65#
15 Wall ball shots, 20#/14# (10’ target)
…coming up Friday
5 rounds for time of:
4 Back Squats 185/135
8 Deadlifts 225/155