Let the Party Begin!!
This is a month of eating clean and feeling good. No more excuses! Let’s rock this thing.
Paleo Challenge: What to eat
- YES to meat, seafood, vegetables, some fruit, eggs, nuts, and seeds. Beef, pork, chicken, lamb, seafood, tuna, salmon, shrimp, venison. Avocado, asparagus, arugula, spinach, broccoli, celery, sweet potatoes, yams, any type of leafy green, red cabbage, artichoke. Berries, melon, pomegranate. Omega-3 Chicken eggs. Almonds, brazil nuts, walnuts.
- No to processed foods. Pretty much anything in the middle of the grocery store. Can’t recognize it growing or running around in the wild? Don’t eat it.
- No to sugar. I don’t care whether it’s super natural 100% organic fair trade sugar from the honey of communitarian bees, ITS STILL SUGAR. No sweeteners, no agave nectar, honey or maple syrup.
- No grains. This includes bread, rice, pasta, cereal, oatmeal, corn and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa and sprouted grains.
- No to legumes. Peanuts, peanut-butter, beans, peas, lentils.
- No to dairy. Milk, cheese, yogurt, etc.
- Less alcohol. No sugary mixers, no beer or alcohols containing gluten.
- Fewer sweet fruits and starchy vegetables. Bananas, eating a bunch of apples, dried fruit, or white potatoes. (If you have serious inflammation issues like arthritis, you may want to consider avoiding all nightshades for 30 days.)
- Cook with real fats. If you’re cooking, then cook with lard or animal fat. If you don’t have that, then cook with coconut oil, olive oil, or butter.
*Cheating is allowed but will affect your overall score.
Still got questions? I’ll be posting more on all the great things you can eat, how to shop, snacks, and more.
Today’s Workout (Friday, June 1, 2012)
Skill: Overhead Squat (heavy)
Overhead Squat (95/65)
Ring Dips or Diamond Pushup