Eat Meat, vegetables, nuts and seeds, some fruit, little starch and NO SUGAR -Crossfit Nutrition Prescription
We will begin our 30 Day Paleo Challenge starting June 1st
In our last Paleo Challenge Thomas not only lost 5lbs he lost 5% bodyfat as well. Those are phenomenal results in only 30 days.
1. Must be willing to take before and after pictures. You can take them on your own.
2. $20 Buy in to support the challenge. Awards and Prizes will come from the money from the challenge. Put your money where you mouth is!!
3. Follow the Paleo Diet food choices.
4. For every cheat meal you have must pay $1 into the pot. Honor system.
5. Comment on the blog or Facebook at least twice a week. Accountability is key.
1. Do not eat dairy. This includes butter, cheese (hard and soft), yogurt (even Greek) and milk (including cream in your coffee or tea).
2. Do not eat grains. This includes bread, rice, pasta, cereal, oatmeal, corn and all of those gluten-free pseudo-grains like quinoa and sprouted grains.
3. Do not eat legumes. This includes beans of all kinds (soy, black, kidney, etc.), peas, lentils, and peanuts. (No peanut butter, kids.)
4. Do not eat or add sugar of any kind, real or artificial. No maple syrup, honey, agave nectar, Splenda, Equal, Nutrasweet, xylitol, stevia, etc.
5. Do not eat processed foods. This includes protein shakes, processed bars (like Zone bars), dairy-free creamers, etc.
6. Do not drink alcohol, in any form.
7. Do not eat white potatoes. Sweet potatoes and yams are a more nutrient-dense option, so go for those instead. (On that note, if you have serious inflammation issues like arthritis, you may want to consider avoiding all nightshades for 30 days.)
1. Eat Lean Meats. Chicken, Fish, sea food, buffalo and venison.
2. Vegetables. Vary the type of veggies
3. Fruit. Preferably Low Sugar fruits.
4. Nuts. Walnuts, cashews, almonds.
5. Oils. Olive, Canolia, and coconut oil.
Today’s Workout (April 30, 2012)
Romanian Dead lift 5 x 3
50 Knees to Elbow OR