1) How were you introduced to Crossfit? I was at my house in Virginia watching videos on facebook of a childhood friend doing massive amounts of handstand push-ups at a Crossfit regionals competition. I remembered that I also used to be able to do a handstand push-up as a kid, so immediately set the dog bed up next to the wall and attempted one myself. Turned out it wasn’t so easy anymore, and I pretty much ended up on my head. I also used to walk by a Crossfit gym in my neighborhood and I noticed that: 1) all the people there were really fit, and 2) they always seemed to be having a good time with each other. When I moved to Naples in January, I thought Crossfit might be a good way to get back in shape, and also to meet some new people.
2) Favorite WOD/Lift: Anything gymnastic-y I’m pretty much a fan of. I also like things that are just body weight movements because I can use them to make up my own workouts on days that I don’t come to the gym. I love an improvised track workout. I also like box jumps, and more recently pull-ups.
3) I have always wanted to: Travel to Africa (and as many other places as possible); Fly in a fighter jet; Watch the Tour De France in person.
4) One word people use to describe me: Easygoing.
5) Outside of the gym I like to: Play and watch sports, hang with my dog, family and friends, have BBQ’s or parties, go to the movies, read. And I love to eat at any opportunity.
6) Something nobody knows about me or would be surprised to know about me: I set a school record for most consecutive bounces on a pogo stick in elementary school.
7) Favorite physical activity outside of Crossfit: I like playing soccer. I’d also like to start playing tennis again.
8) Favorite place to eat in Naples: For breakfast, definitely the Cove Inn.
9) Song that gets me pumped for a workout: Just Can’t Get Enough by the Black Eyed Peas usually does the trick.
10) Proudest accomplishment: Not one specific thing, but I think just having the courage to undertake new adventures or opportunities when they have come up in my life, even though I might have been scared. My motto is basically, just give it a try, if it doesn’t work out or you don’t like it, you can always go back to what/where you came from before.
Skill of the Week: BB Good Mornings
Tabata (20sec on/10sec off x 8 sets) Doubleunders
10 minutes of work-
Top of every min 5 Pushups (Hand release)
Squat clean rest of time 95/65
-Score: Max Squat Cleans
Skill of the Week: Good Mornings
Weights increase each set-